Gulzabeen Mohammed is a Registered Psychologist with over a decade of clinical experience. Gulzabeen aims to establish a warm, safe, and genuine therapeutic relationship at the onset of therapy. Gulzabeen is registered with AHPRA, Medicare and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS). Gulzabeen is also an APAC approved psychology supervisor.
Gulzabeen is experienced in counselling, educational and developmental psychology. Gulzabeen maintaisn an interest in a variety of mental health related concerns such as:
- Anxiety, depression and emotional regulation;
- Working with children and their parents/carers to address a variety of mood, developmental and behavioral concerns;
- Relationship counselling including pre-marital and post-separation support as well as co-parenting concerns;
- Psychological assessments and report writing for multiple purposes including court, educational institutions, funding, court and immigration;
- Psychological pain management;
- Trauma informed therapy;
- Grief, loss and adjustment issues;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Change/transition management in organisations.
Gulzabeen adopts a tailored approach to therapy, focused on understanding the unique treatment needs of each client. Gulzabeen values client collaboration and feedback, and endeavors to align therapy to client preferences. Gulzabeen aims to assist people to better understand their distress and foster more helpful and compassionate interpretations of their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. Gulzabeen aspires to maintain clinical standards of excellence. Gulzabeen is change-focused, and will work to both support and challenge clients to meet their personal therapeutic goals.